FORUMS: list search recent posts

De-interlacing for dvd

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mónica Calderón
De-interlacing for dvd
on Nov 30, 2011 at 7:20:42 pm

Hi,

A client gave me some .avi files to edit on FCP. I took those files to Mpeg Streamclip and made them ProRes 422. I put them on a lower even sequence just like the settings it asked for. i edited and made a dvd. When I watched it on the computer it had lines. I saw it on a big lcd monitor and it looked jagged. When I put de interlace on it it looks too soft. Help please.

Freelance Video Editor
http://www.mocalderon.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: De-interlacing for dvd
on Nov 30, 2011 at 7:43:39 pm

[Mónica Calderón] "i edited and made a dvd. When I watched it on the computer it had lines."

This is normal. Computer monitors can't display interlacing properly. Video monitors can.

[Mónica Calderón] "I saw it on a big lcd monitor and it looked jagged."

How jagged does this look? Standard-definition video usually doesn't look very good on a high-definition monitor. Have you looked at other standard-definition video on this monitor? If you have, then you have a basis for judging the quality of the DVD.

[Mónica Calderón] "When I put de interlace on it it looks too soft."

What did you use to deinterlace the video?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mónica Calderón
on Nov 30, 2011 at 8:05:10 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the answers. I'm using a Samsung Monitor and I can see the lines there. On the Westinghouse HDTV1080 it looks jagged when people move. Can I guess that it would look fine on a normal tube tv and dvd. I don't have one handy at the moment. I used FCP de-interlace on maximum flicker. It all went soft. Interlacing and fields is one of the things that I'm trying to learn about cause I can't quite put my finger around it yet.

Freelance Video Editor
http://www.mocalderon.com

Return to posts index

Pradip Patil
on Dec 1, 2011 at 3:59:51 am

[Mónica Calderón] "On the Westinghouse HDTV1080 it looks jagged when people move."

What software are you using to encode the DVDs? I guess you are not using Compressor, hence these artifacts. Just give it a try, Use best quality dvd preset.
I don't think you need to use de-interlace filter.

Pradip Patil
Mumbai,India

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]