FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio sync problem when exporting from Color to FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mónica Calderón
Audio sync problem when exporting from Color to FCP
on Nov 29, 2011 at 2:10:47 pm

Hello,

At the office we have sent a 23.98 Apple Pro Res HQ sequence to to Color. After finishing the grading we used the Original Format output and sent it to FCP. Now the audio is out of sync. We are stumped and don't know what to do. Any advice? Thanks.

Freelance Video Editor
http://www.mocalderon.com

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
Re: Audio sync problem when exporting from Color to FCP
on Nov 29, 2011 at 2:47:07 pm

Did you use the send to Color option in Final Cut Pro or did you export the video as a Stand Alone Quicktime file? Do you have your original ungraded sequence in Final Cut still?

Brad Wright is software engineer, so it may be difficult to understand what he is saying. He is always happy to explain his greater detail.

Return to posts index

Mónica Calderón
on Nov 29, 2011 at 3:55:43 pm

Hi Brad,

The sequence was sent from FCP to Color then back to FCP. In Color we used render to Original Format.

Freelance Video Editor
http://www.mocalderon.com

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
on Nov 29, 2011 at 4:29:56 pm

If you export your footage to a stand alone Quicktime file from Final Cut Pro, do you still see the sound sync problem? It could be the speed of your computer that is causing the drift.

Brad Wright is software engineer, so it may be difficult to understand what he is saying. He is always happy to explain his greater detail.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Nov 29, 2011 at 6:43:29 pm

That happened to me a while back. I never worked out why, but all I did was make a copy of the sequence from before sending it to Color, deleted the video and copied over the vision from the sequence returned from Color (so that the audio hadn't done the round trip, only the video) and that was fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]