FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 PROBLEM!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Gonzalez
Final Cut Pro 7 PROBLEM!
on Nov 29, 2011 at 6:47:23 am

Hello! I recently bought a canon 7D and shot a film this weekend. Today I imported the footage and found that it did not render and playback in the canvas did not work. I posted this to another forum and found that I needed to change the codec (H.264) to Pro Res 422 LT and when I downloaded foxreal video converter I successfully converted it to that format. I just looked at the footage in fcp and was happy to find that the playback was now working but there were still problems with rendering my clips in the timeline. When I tried to render, it told me "Error: Out of Memory". I then tried again and it told me "General Error". What's strange about this is that since importing from my new canon 7D my older videos are all not working in playback. I don't know what to do and I need to finish my film ASAP. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 PROBLEM!
on Nov 29, 2011 at 7:00:26 am

Good advice to convert H264 from Canon to ProRes for editing. Here is the correct workflow using Log & Transfer to convert the files.

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

Never heard of Foxreal but it is clearly not creating compatible files.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Nov 29, 2011 at 10:43:26 am

+1 to Michael's post

You need to download and install Canon's E1 plugin, then when you go into FCP's Log & Transfer window you select which codec to use in the import settings pane, then it transcodes as it imports.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Nov 29, 2011 at 9:16:57 pm

+1 on Michael as well.

I've some problems with Canon's EOS plugin within FCP (not transcoding the whole In/Out duration). So I tend to stick with Compressor or MPEG Streamclip. You can leave them working and get other stuff done while it transcodes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]