FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smooth out Pitch?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Morter-Laing
Smooth out Pitch?
on Nov 29, 2011 at 2:53:40 am

OK, Im hoping this is relatively straight forward... but it's to do with sound, which means it probably isn't.
I have a recorded voiceover, and its fine- no distorted peaking, all within range. However at the beginning there are one or two moments where the pitch spikes a little high- I need the whole thing to sound more neutral and less excited. This is purely a fussy intonation thing.

Is there a way of sort of keyframing pitch control to reduce the pitch a bit? Ive tried FCPs Apple-AUPicth and it seems to distort the bits in question for some reason.

I would mess around with some other tools, but have no time and prefer sleep to most options right now.
I have at my disposal:
Soundtrack Pro
Sound Studio
Garage Band (you never know....)

I have access to a mac with Logic if that's REALY necessary. The audio is 32bit AIFF btw. Incidentally, I am NOT good with sound stuff- its not my department at all! So unless its a pretty straight forward solution please leave details like 'click the red button thingy and then press the green one". Cheers :D

Also a re-record isn't really an option at this point :)

Tom Morter-Laing
Certified Apple Product Proffessional, 2010

Thanks if you can help :D

Equipment (not for 'bragging', but in case it's relevant to future posts :D): Canon 7D, with Rode NTG2.
iMac 27" intel i7 3.4GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD 6970M [2GB GDDR5], G-Tech G-RAID 2TB (soon to be over eSata!). Elgato Turbo H264HD.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Smooth out Pitch?
on Nov 29, 2011 at 5:43:59 am

Firstly FCP needs 16 or 24 bit files not 32bit.

The sort of fine pitch control that you seem to want is not available with the software you have available. As a sound post person, I also don't think changing pitch within words will really change performance intonation. It is more likely to sound fake.

If you want to try then I suggest finding someone with ProTools or Fairlight with pitch control software like Pitch N Time, MPEX3 or iZotope RX2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved