FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP export glitches in QuickTime 10 but NOT QuickTime 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darius Family
FCP export glitches in QuickTime 10 but NOT QuickTime 7
on Nov 28, 2011 at 2:09:01 am

For years whenever I've had a problem I'm almost always able to find the answer on CC! However finally the time has come where I'm encountering a problem that doesnt seem to be documented anywhere else! (or I'm just not looking hard enough, but trust me, Ive looked everywhre!)

We are having a very strange issue with Quicktime 10 (I know, this is the FCP forum, but I think its best suited here).

1. We export a ~25min program as ProResLT to a QuickTime file.
2. When we playback the QuickTime file in QuickTime 7 there are no problems. BUT
3. When we play the file in QuickTime 10, the video scales up 4 frames before an edit point, then resets to normal after the cut (and only on SOME edits).

We play back the file in QT10, and 4 frames before an edit point (changing from one video asset to another in the FCP sequence) the video scales up about 10%, the scale reverts back to normal on the cut (aka on the next shot)

Its odd because this doesn't happen when played in QT7, only in QT10...

Normally this wouldn't be a problem as the file is fine, we can import it into fcp and the zoomed frames aren't there. But our clients wont understand why their video file has these "glitches" (and they wont accept us telling them to install QT7 to view the file instead).

Has anyone experienced this before? Somehow our FCP export is adding in 'markers' for the edit points which Quicktime10 isnt liking...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]