FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flashing green and orange hue in footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katie Tribiger
Flashing green and orange hue in footage
on Nov 25, 2011 at 11:08:43 pm

So I have had this issue in the past, but I was hoping there may be an easier fix then what I had to do last time. I shot all my footage on an XDCAM EX3 and I am working on it in Final Cut. We shot in a school where the majority of the lighting is florescent, but due to lack of equipment, man power, or time we went ahead and shot all the footage with only the florescent lights. Now most of it has the flashing orange and green hue in darker areas. The other confusing things is that in the interviews and the concert where there wasn't any florescent lighting it still has the flashing and it's even more noticable. I shot 1080p24.

Anyone have a solution?

Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
Re: Flashing green and orange hue in footage
on Nov 26, 2011 at 9:12:43 am

Any applied filters? Is it fully rendered? What are your playback settings?

Tom Morter-Laing
Editor
Certified Apple Product Proffessional, 2010

------------------------------
Thanks if you can help :D
------------------------------

Equipment (not for 'bragging', but in case it's relevant to future posts :D): Canon 7D, with Rode NTG2.
iMac 27" intel i7 3.4GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD 6970M [2GB GDDR5], G-Tech G-RAID 2TB (soon to be over eSata!). Elgato Turbo H264HD.

Return to posts index

Katie Tribiger
Re: Flashing green and orange hue in footage
on Nov 26, 2011 at 7:46:54 pm

No filters applied. Okay I looked at the sequence settings and when I dropped the footage in it changed the settings to 720p24 but the footage is 1080p24, so I switched it to 1080p24 and it seems to have disappeared. However I now have to render out everything. I think I will just keep on editing and then at the very end change it over and render it out. Ugh wish I had caught that earlier.

Thanks for the help!! You are amazing :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]