Just added (4) 6TB Maxx Digital Drives that are each configured as RAID 1s to our existing setup. FCP 7 now takes 10 minutes to load when these drives are mounted. If I unmount them FCP starts normally.
Setup Before Adding Drives:
MAC PRO 8 Core
Gtech Gspeed 8TB Tower Raid 5 config
Rocket Raid 2314 Raid Controller
(4) Maxx Digital 6TB M Raids - Raid 1 config
an Additional 2314 Rocket Raid Controller
Things that we know:
- FCP loads up in seconds when all drives are unmounted
- FCP loads up in seconds if Gspeed and all Maxx Digital drives are mounted
- FCP takes over 10 minutes to load if Gspeed is unmounted and Maxx Digitals are mounted
- We can work around slow load by leaving Maxx Digitals unmounted and then mounting after FCP is loaded
We have taken everything from the Gspeed, roughly 5.5 TB of data, and distributed to the Maxx Drives. The goal is to reformat the Gspeed once we have the Maxx drives working functionally. But, not comfortable formatting until I know what's causing this hiccup.
"Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you." - Herman Blume
My guess would be an issue using two of the 2314 Rocket Raid Controllers. The slots that these cards in might also matter. I suggest you contact the Maxx Digital people to see if there is a potential card or driver conflict with the Gtech.