FORUMS: list search recent posts

LCD or LED Tv recommendations

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Starling
LCD or LED Tv recommendations
on Nov 23, 2011 at 4:50:38 pm

I need to put together a very portable edit suite for a job I've got coming up (I can't face lugging my MacPro around)

I think I'm going to go for a MXO 2 mini hooked up via express34 to run a client monitor from my MacBook Pro along with a Cinema HD monitor.

I'm being driven mad looking for a 22"-26" LCD or LED Tv that's 1920x1080 and has 1:1 pixel mapping. Does anyone have any recommendations (I'm in the UK). For budget reasons I need to get something under £450 hence not getting a proper monitor!

Cheers, Simon

http://www.simonstarling.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: LCD or LED Tv recommendations
on Nov 23, 2011 at 7:50:44 pm

I think that all LED Tv's are also LCD, in that the LED part is what replaces a Cold Cathode Fluorescent tube as the backlight for the LCD part fo the screen. Unless you're talking a plasma screen. In some of the LED backed screens, you can get an extra oomph because the LED's change color in real time, insode the case, to backlight the LCD's color pxeles, for richer color. There is another kind of backlighting they market as a selling point and you don;t need that for your application: the back of the set washes the wall behind it with colros matching the primary shade of what's on the screen at any point in time. We'll save the validity of that for some other thread.:-)

I recently bought a Vizio with LED internal backlighting and while the sound is tinny (they want you to buy an aftermarket sound bar for good sound), I found the picture exceptional for the price, and the controls easy and intuitive. Got it on Amazon with delivery to my door for less than the local big box stores were charging.

I'm not an audiophile with soviet tube powered amps, 11.9 surround and monitors polished with Hubble technology, but I think for the price I did well. Gamers seem to like Vizios as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]