FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch compression workflow in Compressor?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Wolf
Batch compression workflow in Compressor?
on Nov 23, 2011 at 12:11:43 pm

This is how I do it now: drag a bunch of files beneath the clip-well (because if you place it in the well it will only take 1 clip), drag a setting underneath the settings/destination well. So far so good. But when I drag a destination in the same manner it only applies that to one clip as opposed to the batch...

What is the proper way to do batch compression?

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: Batch compression workflow in Compressor?
on Nov 23, 2011 at 12:58:16 pm

Select all files, cmd a, then drag output setting to one, applies to all. U can also use watch folders, but ive not had luck getting that to work...

Return to posts index

Alexander Wolf
on Nov 23, 2011 at 8:04:33 pm

Thanks, Jason, but that was the first thing I tried and it never worked.
It does work when I drag 'settings' but not with 'destination'... I have tried dragging it underneath the destination/settings box but then it creates a second destination/settings box underneath...

It should work the way you describe it and it is the most logical, but it never did and it doesn't...

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Nov 23, 2011 at 8:23:15 pm

Don't know how much you can customize your workflow...but you can set a default destination by first making it a destination in that tab, then going into prefs and setting the default destination (only allows you to choose from preset locations)

I hate the "source" compression because it puts files all over the place. I have a single "encodes" folder on my desktop and EVERYTHING encodes into that...then I place it into appropriate project folders.

THere also is a setting inside each compression setting to set the destination BASED ON THE SETTING. That gets a bit tweaky if you forget it's doing that...depends on how much you want to/are able to babysit your machine.

-Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]