FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems importing old Adobe avi files into Final Cut Pro 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hamilton
Problems importing old Adobe avi files into Final Cut Pro 7
on Nov 23, 2011 at 1:46:13 am

Hi there,

I have some files from an old project I edited eight years ago on Adobe Premier (Matrox) which I'm trying to import into FCP 7. In Finder I can preview these files under Get Info, and with Real Player I can sometimes play the files with no problem. However when I try to import them to FInal Cut Pro - they become completely pixilated. Obviously the information in these files is intact - since they will play - but is there a technique or conversion software that will allow me convert these files to Quick Time.

Thanks for any assistance.

Tom

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
Re: Problems importing old Adobe avi files into Final Cut Pro 7
on Nov 23, 2011 at 3:31:11 pm

You'll likely need to convert these files to another codec. Do you see the problem when you play the video back in Quicktime?

Brad Wright is software engineer, so it may be difficult to understand what he is saying. He is always happy to explain his greater detail.

Return to posts index

Thomas Hamilton
on Nov 23, 2011 at 6:31:33 pm

Hi Brad,

Yes - the files are totally pixilated in Quick Time, what I don't get is how the files will play in Realplayer (about 50% of the time) yet do not export successfully from there to a readable file.)

any advice (or free solutions) would be appreciated.

Best

Tom

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
on Nov 23, 2011 at 6:53:50 pm

Is there any program that can play the video back correctly? If you can find it, you might be able to do a screen record of the video playing full screen.

Brad Wright is software engineer, so it may be difficult to understand what he is saying. He is always happy to explain his greater detail.

Return to posts index

Thomas Hamilton
on Nov 24, 2011 at 1:20:36 am

Hi Brad,

That sounds like a possiblity.

As I said the files WILL play on Realplayer (sometimes). How do I go about making a screen record of the video?

Best

Tom

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
on Nov 24, 2011 at 5:16:28 am

It depends on the platform. I know that Quicktime supports screen recording, but there are other third party options out there. On the Mac, I use Screen Flow.

Return to posts index

Thomas Hamilton
on Nov 24, 2011 at 7:01:24 am

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your response. I just checked out a demo of ScreenFlow and it works!! I was able to import the results into FCP. Obviously I need to get the full version to get past the Watermark - but that's not a biggie. My only slight issue is that the frame rate seems a bit off - the video runs at the correct speed but seems to be running at 12 or 15 fps (ie a bit jerky) I used a slight strobe effect when I originally captured these files - but the effect is relatively subtle when it's playing through Realplayer - now it's very pronounced. Is this to do with the way Screenflow captures footage or is it fixable? Ultimately I can live with it if needs be, but I'd like to get the same movement i had in the original.

Thanks for your very useful advice so far

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]