FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere deleting my render files?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
Premiere deleting my render files?
on Nov 22, 2011 at 11:07:30 pm

I keep making this mistake I think. Every month or so I jump over to Premiere with the new Matrox Mini Drivers installed to see if it works yet. Still doesn't. Appears to work for 5-10 minutes, then things start to go out of sync, or get sluggish, and then, playback ends. You can still edit, but pressing the play button just does nothing.

Anyway, every time I head over to Premiere I generally have deleted all the little folders that Premiere has put on my drives - previews, renders, that sort of thing, so it asks where I want renders to exist and such when I launch. I think I should keep my FCP render drive out of the mix but I set Premiere to render there too. And then I go back to my current FCP project and about half of the render files are gone. No option to reconnect or look for them. In fact, the timeline(s) open up and show as fully rendered, but the drives keep churning and before I can hit play, half the timeline is unrendered. It's as if it's doing a file check of all the renders and then decides that the creation dates of the files are wrong or something and disallows them. What the the hell?

This current project has 10 rendered sequences all about 5 minutes each. Some with large stills that only render if FCP is the first thing you launch and render is the first thing you do. They're pushing the pixel limit of 4k x 4k. With 10 projects looking at many hours each (heavily layered) to re render I'm hoping someone knows what's going on. I haven't saved the project yet so it still thinks it's rendered when it opens.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Premiere deleting my render files?
on Nov 22, 2011 at 11:18:10 pm

If all the Premiere files go in an Adobe sub folder on your scratch drive, this shouldn't happen unless something in the PP preferences says to use a folder in the drive root directory with the same name as FCP uses.

If so then change your FCP scratch to a sub folder so that Adobe doesn't overwrite anything.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Premiere deleting my render files?
on Nov 23, 2011 at 5:56:56 am

Yeah, no it's weird. The files are there. And when opening FCP it still thinks they're there. No reports of missing render files or anything. The bar of the visible sequence is all blue. But as the app finishes booting up and checking everything it switches about half the render files to orange (I use unlimited RT).

I was hoping it was similar to another odd issue where, even if your files match the sequence exactly, but you have video scopes playback turned on, it reports that they need to be rendered. Although they generally play fine. Turning off the video scopes playback returns the sequence to a state of not needing to be rendered in that that instance. But that's just another weird FCP 7 bug that I'm sure will be fixed in FCP 8.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]