Perhaps the dumbest mistake in history.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Eakins
Perhaps the dumbest mistake in history.
on Nov 22, 2011 at 5:28:33 pm

Hi guys,

I can't believe I've done this, but....

When I was setting up my external monitor in FCP 7, I accidentally selected my primary monitor, and now all I can see on the screen is the preview window fullscreened over the interface. Is there a shortcut key that will let me disable the external preview? I just reinstalled FCP 7, and it's remembered the settings... this sucks so much.

I am a huge dope.

Return to posts index

Ken Eakins
Re: Perhaps the dumbest mistake in history.
on Nov 22, 2011 at 5:43:44 pm

Sorry, I just realised how garbled that all looked. What I mean is that the fullscreen window that is normally on the second monitor, is now selected to be on my primary monitor - I have a fault with the second one, and can only currently use the primary screen - I accidentally selected the primary monitor in FCP7 settings, and now it's showing the fullscreen (normally on the second window) over the interface, and I can't figure out how to switch it off, as I can't get to the menus.

This is hellish.

Return to posts index

Ken Eakins
on Nov 22, 2011 at 5:46:46 pm

Nevermind..I'm a douche, I sorted it.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 22, 2011 at 8:04:17 pm

That was an awesome series of posts, and you really stuck the landing. Glad you got it sorted.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 22, 2011 at 10:01:20 pm

You really need to wrap it up with a short description of how you fixed it, for the people that come across this in the future. There are few things as frustrating as finding someone else had your problem and fixed it, but didn't document the fix.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]