FORUMS: list search recent posts

mac os lion problems with final cut pro 6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Leung
mac os lion problems with final cut pro 6
on Nov 22, 2011 at 9:05:48 am

Hi, I need a bit of education on this. I recently bought a new Mac Book Pro and I have also a Mac Pro. I have had FCP 6 which I wanted to instal onto my laptop. I came to the conclusion quickly that now Lion does not support PowerPC Application - BUT - when I check my listing of applications in the "About this MAC" window and select more info --- selecting the Application --- it says final cut pro, DVD studio pro, motion, etc etc are universal, not powerpc. I am soooo confused now!!! Please clarify :)

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: mac os lion problems with final cut pro 6
on Nov 22, 2011 at 6:12:45 pm

Lion doesn't support Rosetta and FCP 6 requires Rosetta in order to install. Solution would be to buy the FCS3 upgrade and install that, using your original S
FCS2 serial...or reformat your drive, install snow leopard fresh install, install FCP 6 with FCS2, then you can update the OS to Lion. I've read about having a separate partition with snow on it to run FCP 6/FCS 2 but tat seems like nit the way I'd wanna do it. FWIW

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

Bill Code
Re: mac os lion problems with final cut pro 6
on Feb 8, 2012 at 9:15:49 am

Hi Sarah. I've done the same thing as you. Feels great, huh? Anyway, I'm keen on hearing if you've solved your issue. Did you end up downgrading to Snow Leopard? First Mac product I've ever bought, pissed off straight away; 100 per cent bought in order to use final cut - and not fcpx, Don't have an install disc for another OS either....Bill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]