FORUMS: list search recent posts

Some Serious Encoding Issues with Compressor!!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stanislav Basovich
Some Serious Encoding Issues with Compressor!!!
on Nov 21, 2011 at 9:05:54 pm

Hey all-

So this has been driving me crazy and I don't know what to do. A few weeks ago, compressor started to act very strangely, spitting out crazy pixelated frames every 15 frames about 1/3 way through any encode. I export a self contained Pro-res 422 QT from FCP into Compressor to export to DVD (m2v) at 90 minute best quality. This was never a problem before but now Compressor does it all the time. I've reinstalled the software, deleted preferences, done everything to get the thing to start from scratch, but the problem persists (regardless of the source file I use). The crazy thing is that I also have been facing this problem on my laptop system as well. Most of the problems happen in poorly lit spots, but this never used to happen before. I even tested the same exact file that I had compressed successfully about two months ago but didn't work now. What gives?

Could I have caught some bug that's only manifesting in compressor? Please help!

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: Some Serious Encoding Issues with Compressor!!!
on Nov 21, 2011 at 9:22:17 pm

this might help

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/compressorrepair/

Return to posts index

Stanislav Basovich
on Nov 21, 2011 at 9:31:03 pm

Hey Chris-

Thanks for the tip, but I tried that with no luck.

SB

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
on Nov 22, 2011 at 3:18:57 am

What size is the video frame size you are feeding compressor? Try sending compressor pre-sized 720x480 NTSC or 720x576 video clips before encoding the DVD. I wrote an article on transferring HD footage to DVD.

http://www.lafcpug.org/Tutorials/basic_hdvideo_to_dvd.html

Brad Wright is software engineer, so it may be difficult to understand what he is saying. He is always happy to explain his greater detail.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 22, 2011 at 4:34:34 am

Where are you viewing the m2vs and what version of compressor/FCP?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]