FORUMS: list search recent posts

Linking Audio issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Courtney Ware
Linking Audio issues
on Nov 21, 2011 at 4:07:19 pm

We recorded sound in a dual system setup. However, for now, we want to keep the reference audio that was recorded by the camera mic - to delete at a later time. I have been using Pluraleyes to sync everything, then linking the audio and video and pulling the new linked clip into a new bin in my project. however, when I begin to edit from my synced clips, FCP has rearranged my audio tracks - in ways that I cannot comprehend. I can no longer easily tell which track was my camera audio and which is from our mixer without listening to each separately. any ideas how I can either label my camera audio, or keep FC from reordering my tracks?

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Linking Audio issues
on Nov 21, 2011 at 5:58:34 pm

Linking isn't the way to do this. MERGE the clips instead.

Mark and in point in each clip where they sync, then select them both in the browser, right click on one of the icons to select merge clips. A new clip arrives in the browser which is exactly what you're trying to get to a single clip with the audio synced in it...

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog:

Current DVD:

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved