FORUMS: list search recent posts

Voiceover tool

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve knattress
Voiceover tool
on Nov 20, 2011 at 2:13:07 pm

I have a job tomorrow editing a VoiceOver to pictures, on to a show using FCP7, something I have done a lot in the past, but can some one answer this question.

Tomorrow I think I have 2 commentators, on AVID where I usually do this job I record dual mono, each commentator to their own track (one panned left one right through the mixer, they are on lip mikes so there is little spill) so I can treat
/edit each one separately ( filters, dynamics, levels etc.)
(Commentator and colour man require different treatments)

Is there away to record 2 separate voice over tracks (stereo pair) into FCP7 like you CAN on AVID MC?
Or do I need to premix/treat the mikes in an external mixer prior to import both to a mono track?

I have had a play today on my system and cannot see away.

Also it seems that with FCP7 and OS10.7.2 the voiceover tool crashes FCP if I select other than 44.1Khz audio for the VO tool, any one else seen this?

Hopefully the clients Mac will have SL!

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Voiceover tool
on Nov 20, 2011 at 3:00:09 pm

When recording, the Voice Over tool works with the Sound Manager to record in mono mode. When you choose the audio interface input for a stereo input device, the Voice Over tool uses only the left input channel (channel 1) of a stereo input device when recording; the right channel is ignored.

So you'll need to mix the audio before the input if you use the VO tool.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

steve knattress
Re: Voiceover tool
on Nov 20, 2011 at 4:46:22 pm

Thanks for your quick reply,

just what I thought, looks as if AVID wins again ;-)

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]