FORUMS: list search recent posts

multiple drives, multiple sequences + Output to one drive with all media for sequences

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cynthia madansky
multiple drives, multiple sequences + Output to one drive with all media for sequences
on Nov 19, 2011 at 8:35:01 pm

I am working on a large project, 16 locations, 16 hard drives
I would like to export the final media used with the specific sequence from each hard drive to the FINAL output HD.

Can anyone please guide me through this process.
I only want to have the Final Sequence for each location and the media used for that sequence x 16 on the FINAL HD.

I am on a deadline so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Please email me cmad@pipeline.com

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: multiple drives, multiple sequences + Output to one drive with all media for sequences
on Nov 20, 2011 at 1:09:56 am

Media Manager lets you copy a sequence to an external drive and consolidate the media (plus handles).

Don't recompress but select "delete unused media" and then add 4 second handles at least to allow for sound post. What "delete unused media" means is to only copy the used media as edited. No original files get deleted so it is safe. So a shot from a long take will be broken into the used clips plus handles and not the whole of the long clip.

A good read though the Media Manager section of the manual plus a bit of experimenting on a short sequence might be best so you can see exactly what Media Manager does.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: multiple drives, multiple sequences + Output to one drive with all media for sequences
on Nov 20, 2011 at 1:10:07 am

you would use the Media Manager for this.

select a sequence, then FIle Menu Media MAnager (or right click on the sequence and Media Manager)

in MM:
Media Pulldown = Copy
Delete Unused: up to you. you can trim to just the used sections if you tick this
Handles: if you do trim, add some handles: 10fr - 2 seconds

Browse to where you want to media to go
yes, create a new project.

if you do this sequence by sequence it will mean waiting for each one to finish before starting the next,
but you will get media for the different projects / sequences in discrete folders.

alternately you can copy all 16 sequences into a new project,
then Media Manage all 16 at once.
all media wil be jumbled up together in one folder

nick

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Nov 20, 2011 at 1:11:31 am

yes, as Michael says, longer handles are better for sound.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]