FORUMS: list search recent posts

I want to export with PREVIEW render files...is this possible

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roberta Shaw
I want to export with PREVIEW render files...is this possible
on Nov 18, 2011 at 1:08:39 am

Hello! I'm struggling with some AVCHC clips in an Apple ProResLT sequence that whenever the speed is changed and they are RENDERED tons of compounding along edges in the image occurs. I've tried so many workarounds...I'm afraid that my students shot in a lower quality setting, and this might be why this is happening.

That all said, does anyone know if there's a way to export a movie with the PREVIEW state embedded. What I mean, is that I WANT the green/unrendered preview files to be exported. I know this is ridiculous, but it's the only state where speed changed clips will look decent for this files. Exporting a quicktime file forces the render of the clips.

Thank you all!

Roberta

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: I want to export with PREVIEW render files...is this possible
on Nov 18, 2011 at 2:02:24 am

Turn off FRAME BLENDING when you do the speed changes.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Roberta Shaw
on Nov 18, 2011 at 5:53:09 am

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and help me here.
Unfortunately, the frame blending is what's helping, and ultimately what I want to export. Once I render, I get awful compounding through the image, or when I turn frame blending off.

I'm attaching a B4 render and AFTERRender pictures...

That's why I'd love to find out how to export a quicktime movie with the green preview files, instead of the hard render that happens by default upon exporting to quicktime.

Thanks everyone!!!

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Nov 18, 2011 at 1:06:38 pm

Can't export preview files.

But you might try exporting the speed changed clips one at a time to Motion, then use optical flow for the speed change renders there.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 18, 2011 at 2:19:37 pm

Maybe should point out that there is no such thing as a preview file. Green means it's playing back on the fly, which is usually a lower rez or otherwise compromised look. If it happens to look better for some reason, perhaps try going into the sequence settings and change the render settings. It's quite possible that the render settings are set to half rez, or to not render motion fx or something like that.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Nov 18, 2011 at 3:17:57 pm

That is why proper monitoring is crucial. You don't see the real picture on a computer monitor.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Roberta Shaw
on Nov 18, 2011 at 3:53:24 pm

Thank you all for your feedback here.
I realize that the preview files are just on-the-fly/ram, but when I saw that the speed changes looked fine in this state, I thought for sure there was a way to force that output. I've gone into the sequence settings tabs, and tried all kinds of different selections under the "video processing" and "render" tabs, and I've even tried a motion blur on the clips, to no avail. I've also tried to cook the files into other codecs, then import them into Final Cut...no help. And, I've changed the codec on the sequence, even in a desperate move set it way back to DV-NTSC...just to see if the smaller size would make any difference. Nada.
The MOTION suggestion sounds great, but I don't currently have Motion installed...I'll check that out soon.

I think I'm just going to have to tell my poor students that they can't change the speed of their clips (could be good for them).
But teacher gets an F for not testing slowing down footage when I tested these cameras, which is where I went wrong.

Thank you all!

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Nov 18, 2011 at 4:11:19 pm

"force output" is really what a render is supposed to be.

But unfortunately, there are times when the preview looks fine, but the render isn't. Happens. Corrupt renders happen too. It's relatively rare.

You see much less of this sort of thing when recording pro formats. DV, HDV, and AVCHD are more or less the low end of recording formats. And AVC Intra, ProRes recordings from devices like the AJA KiPro, and HDCAM, XDCAM, just work better with everything IMHO.

Which camera are you working with there?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Roberta Shaw
on Nov 18, 2011 at 7:03:37 pm

Thank you so much for responding and offering your expertise here.
The cameras are Sony HDR CX130
I believe they shot in 60i...just High Quality, NOT highest quality, and i think therein lies the rub.

Thank you!
Roberta

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]