FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Failure Error -50 (FCP 7.03)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josie McClutchie
Compressor Failure Error -50 (FCP 7.03)
on Nov 17, 2011 at 9:05:20 pm

Help!

All of a sudden, compressor is failing at every setting and presenting the same error number: -50

This happens immediately after submitting a clip for compression. Right now I'm using the Small Web File template to compress an 52min seq from FCP. (AVCHD, Pal) Not sure what other info might help. Still trying to get my head around how to work out the best compression settings for exporting AVCHD files for the web streaming.

My OS is 10.7.2

Can anyone offer up any advice?

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Compressor Failure Error -50 (FCP 7.03)
on Nov 17, 2011 at 9:28:34 pm

Errrrrrr, I had an error -50 last week when I was writing a big file onto an external drive. TBH, I worked around it without ever finding out what caused it. I've got two suggestions (which worked for me although I couldn't say whether they'll work for you): the first is to set the destination for Compressor to be your desktop (so that the file you make goes onto the internal drive) then copy the file onto your external drive (assuming that's where you want it to end up) after it's been made. The 2nd is to do a repair on your drives in Disk Utility, I think that helped my system.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Josie McClutchie
Re: Compressor Failure Error -50 (FCP 7.03)
on Nov 17, 2011 at 9:37:57 pm

Thanks very much for your response. I've indadvertedly figured out the problem. My in and outs on the timeline will set to one frame (for a still frame). Going back to the sequence meant spotting my PICNIC moment. (problem in chair not in computer!)

Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]