FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video editing monitors

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juha Västi
Video editing monitors
on Nov 17, 2011 at 7:33:42 am

Hey,
I edit videos on my Final cut pro with basic samsung led monitor. The picture is good but it´s hard to calibrate it because there is no "Blue" only button. Can you recomend monitors that would be Broadcasting quality and inexpensive.

Return to posts index

James Clark
Re: Video editing monitors
on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:00:08 pm

Not sure broadacst monitors can be bought cheaply, especially if you need HD. Those things are pricey as far as I've seen, we have an SD one that we use just for colour grading, but as far high quality monitors go that are very good but not 'broadcast monitors' Eizo's are good. They're more expensive than a regular computer monitor, but still fairly cheap and cheaper still, than broadcast monitors. They have a large range of options so you can spend just under grand for their cheapest ones which are still pretty great or as much as 10 grand for their top of the range options.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:52:11 pm

If you use te Matrox MXO2 (and others in the Matrox family), you can calibrate perfectly! They have a calibration system that you can use on any ol LCD (or other) HDTV and it uses standard HDMI.

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
on Nov 17, 2011 at 2:52:56 pm

I use a Panasonic Plasma THX certified monitor. It's way more accurate than LED monitors. They are cheap too. There are certainly better monitors out there, but Plasmas have a color advantage over LEDs.

Brad Wright is software engineer, so it may be difficult to understand what he is saying. He is always happy to explain his greater detail.

Return to posts index

Juha Västi
on Nov 18, 2011 at 7:57:06 am

Thank you very much for your tips. Maybe i try to cope with my Samsung for now. I read somewhere that you could use "blue gel" to andjust the monitor if you don´t have the blue only button but someone says that it does not work. "The accuracy of the blue gel trick is worse than setting the knobs to their middle position."
So what methods do you use to calibrate your monitors? would be nice to know. I thougt that in year 2000 it would be simple with one software but no =)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]