FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio/Video drifting out of sync, can I fix this without starting over?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heidi Zienty
Audio/Video drifting out of sync, can I fix this without starting over?
on Nov 16, 2011 at 11:04:02 pm

Hello,

I'm working on a video for my company which is time-sensitive and I have run into a big problem. First of all, let me tell you what I am working with:
--a 1hour19min QT video (made up of 2 video files). These are .mov and Codecs are AAC, DV/DVCPRO-NTSC (total of 6 GB)
--A separate audio recording that goes along with this video (MPEG-4 file) .m4a
--A QT Keynote presentation that is the length of the video. Codecs H.264, Linear PCM

The final product, ideally, will be the Keynote presentation full screen with the audio, and then the video will be small in the top right corner of the presentation.

I have already lined up the keynote and audio, and when I place the video on top, with video and audio lined up perfectly on the first frame, after 1min (out of 80min) I can tell that it is out of sync.

I have tried changing the audio speed to 99.69% which makes the audio line up at beginning and end, but throughout the video, somehow it is not.

I do not have easy access to the original video tape, and I do not have access to whatever recorded the sound (nor do I know what recorded either). Is there anything I can do to fix this issue...quickly?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: Audio/Video drifting out of sync, can I fix this without starting over?
on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:39:17 am

convert that .m4a to a pcm uncompressed 48khz .wav or .aif file.

you might need to convert the aac audio in that other clip too.

if they don't align at that point you might be in trouble.

make sure the frame rates for all the videos match and are not mixed, that would definitely throw it off.

the sequence setting for audio should also be 16 or 24-bit 48khz.

Return to posts index

Heidi Zienty
Re: Audio/Video drifting out of sync, can I fix this without starting over?
on Nov 17, 2011 at 8:34:22 pm

Chris,

With converting the file to an aif, I was able to make the audio play at 99.89% speed and it lined up! Thanks so much for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]