FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP - Importing Files and Sequence Settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric McCarthy
FCP - Importing Files and Sequence Settings
on Nov 16, 2011 at 7:45:39 pm

Hi,
This is my second post in two weeks, after years of just reading posts. Thanks in advance for any help.

I am having an issue when importing a QT movie into my timeline/sequence. The QT movie has dimensions of 720x480, and I have adjusted my sequence settings accordingly, but when I import the file, it is "squeezed" in the viewer window, and requires rendering in the timeline. When I adjust the sequence settings by clicking on the "anamorphic" checkbox, any video in the timeline and canvas window displays properly, but with black on either side (opposite of letterbox).
Any suggestions?I have played with various combinations of sequence settings, but none seem to do the trick.
-Eric

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP - Importing Files and Sequence Settings
on Nov 16, 2011 at 11:11:04 pm

What codec is this QT file? Compression type?

If you add a clip to the timeline and you have to render it, that is a BIG CLUE that something isn't right. Your clip settings must match the sequence settings, and FCP 6 and 7 both prompt you to do that when you add the first clip. Always click YES.

If the clip is encoded with a codec FCP doesn't work with, that's another issue. The clip might need to be converted before you can begin editing.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]