FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio drifting out of sync FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bella Gavelin
Audio drifting out of sync FCP7
on Nov 16, 2011 at 2:18:04 pm

Hello gang!

I am losing this battle with drifting audio. Have no idea what to do anymore.

Here is the thing.

I got a .mov video (Apple ProRes 422 1920, 25fps, 48khz) delivered to me, but changes were made in the audio after that. So I got a new audio mix delivered, so they didn't have to send a whole new mov. (They are quite large)

When I put it in FCP, the audio drifts out of sync! It starts off right, but pretty quickly the new audio drags behind.

It is the same audio rate, 48khz. And here is the strangest thing, the waveforms match the old audio exactly! So, it looks in the waveforms as if its in sync. But it's not!

I had the studio check if they get the same problem, and they don't! Something is wrong on my end. But what?!

Please help!

bella

Return to posts index

Richard van Harderwijk
Re: Audio drifting out of sync FCP7
on Nov 16, 2011 at 8:20:58 pm

I've had audio drift out of sync, but that was due to all different frame rates (known problem). And that is not your problem. My solution was to put the faulty sequence in an other (nesting) with a different codec and to render. That solved things

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 17, 2011 at 4:06:56 am

Audio drift is a common problem and is nearly always caused by the audio being stamped with the wrong frame rate on import.

1. Delete the audio from your drive.
2. Make sure your Easy Setup project matches the frame rate of the sequence you are using.
3. Change the file name externally and then re opy the file onto the Mac.
4. Import into FCP and it should now sync.

There is no need to change video codecs or do nesting. These have nothing to do with the standard frame stamp 'feature' that many of us think of as a bug.

Return to posts index

Bella Gavelin
on Nov 17, 2011 at 9:54:22 am

Thanks guys!

I actually found my solution in this tutorial:

http://library.creativecow.net/lyon_matt/fixing-fcp-assets/1

Changed the timecode the xml file.

Your way sounded easier, but I think I tried that once. Maybe I did it wrong.

Anyway, problem solved! yay! :)

bella

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 17, 2011 at 10:34:44 pm

Yes Bella, I normally point people to Matt's Tutorial. Fixing it via XML scares many people and the second half of Matt's excellent tutorial is basically the same info I gave about correctly importing audio assets in the first place.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]