FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrade to Snow Leopard causing FCP 7 to lose synch and crash

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Levinson
Upgrade to Snow Leopard causing FCP 7 to lose synch and crash
on Nov 15, 2011 at 8:46:35 pm

We've been working with FCP 7 on a MacPro 2x2.8 GHz Quad-core Intel with Leopard for over a year with sequences set to DVCProHD at 23.98 (our principal camera is Panasonic XDX900) mixing our HD footage with some XDCam footage and some HDV footage in the timeline. We've had relatively few problems, except when projects got too large. Started crashing more when playing long sequences recently so I decided to upgrade to Snow Leopard. It now seems to be crashing more often and the synch often starts to drift after about 5-6 minutes when playing a long sequence. Anyone have any thoughts on how this can be rectified?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: Upgrade to Snow Leopard causing FCP 7 to lose synch and crash
on Nov 15, 2011 at 8:58:38 pm

How did you do the upgrade to snow leopard? If you didn't do a fresh install of the operating system, starting from scratch, you're in for lots of trouble. I'm curious because I'm about to install a new 2tb drive in mac pro and install snow to start from scratch and upgrade from FCP 6 to 7 in a month or so and want to make sure it'll be solid. If you just upgraded your system and didn't do a fresh OS install, that would probably be your problem. For reference, I already purchased snow and 7 but have been waiting for my slow season to do the upgrade :-)

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

Mark Levinson
on Nov 16, 2011 at 8:23:43 pm

I did an upgrade, not a fresh install. I now found out that my eSata card that connects to all my media needed a big update as well. I've done this and things seem to be much better. I'll probably need a couple of days to see if this resolves my issues.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Nov 16, 2011 at 8:27:22 pm

Good to know! I'll probably new to update my esta card too. What eSATA car do you have? I think mine is a Caldigit Fasta or something like that. Just another reason I've held off on upgrading. Lemme know what card your using and where how you found our about the updates to your card?

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

Mark Levinson
on Nov 16, 2011 at 8:47:10 pm

I have an Addonics card. I called the company to find out about the update.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Nov 16, 2011 at 8:48:21 pm

Cool, I just found the update for mine on Caldigit's site. Thanks man!

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Nov 15, 2011 at 9:01:38 pm

BTW, even though drives are slightly more expensive right now because of the Thai floods, I picked up a 2tb Hitachi 720rpm drive from OWC for about $130. Not bad!

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]