FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cinema Tools Conform

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angela Zumbrum
Cinema Tools Conform
on Nov 15, 2011 at 3:14:57 pm

I just watched the tutorial by Shane Ross on converting to smooth slow motion using Cinema Tools. I have opened my PorRes clip in Cinema Tools and The "Conform" button (actually all buttons) are greyed out and I am unable to do anything within the program?? Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Cinema Tools Conform
on Nov 15, 2011 at 4:45:53 pm

There are only two reasons I can think of why this doesn't work. One is that your source file isn't actually ProRes but some other codec that is not an I-frame codec. Cinema Tools can only conform frame rate of files that are I-frame, such as DV, DVCProHD, ProRes, etc. The other reason is that you don't have read/write access to the file where it lives. Check permissions - Cinema Tools conform feature will rewrite an aspect of the file as it exists, so it must be able to write over the existing file. Try making a duplicate of the original file first before trying to conform.

Return to posts index

Sean Thomas
Re: Cinema Tools Conform
on Nov 17, 2011 at 4:44:21 am

What camera - FS100.

Remember that QT doesn't understand AVCHD 60p. That's why CT is grayed out. This really isn't a problem though.

Just copy all of your original files to the HD. Then batch convert the FOLDER containing all of the acutal video files in Compressor to ProRes 422.

Then take the new ProRes files and put in a folder. Batch Conform those files in Cinema Tools to 24p or 30p.

This yeilds some AMAZING slow-mo!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]