FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX "Knock Out" Title... how to fade out?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Basil
FCPX "Knock Out" Title... how to fade out?
on Nov 15, 2011 at 4:45:57 am

In my timeline, I have a Title (that comes with FCP) called "Knock Out" which basically shows text and the Body of the text is transparent (so you can see the video playing inside the text) and the background is black.

Is there a way to fade the black background to transparent? Right now, when the title ends, the black background just disappears and I want it to fade.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: FCPX "Knock Out" Title... how to fade out?
on Nov 15, 2011 at 6:02:06 am

Don't know FCPX but in FCP7 you can fade a title by adding an opacity ramp from 100-0 with two keyframes or just add a dissolve.

FCPX may have some new paradigm to do something that simple so the FCPX techniques forum might get you a better answer.

http://forums.creativecow.net/fcpxtechnique

Return to posts index

Andrew Basil
on Nov 15, 2011 at 2:11:18 pm

The problem with changing the opacity ramps is... the background of the title does not fade out... the text just get blacker and blacker (I think the text fades out) but the title background stays black until the title is over.

So I tried using a video animation feature and made the Opacity fade to 0, but the background stays black but the text that bleeds the video through fades into that black.

Return to posts index

Andrew Basil
on Nov 15, 2011 at 5:24:44 pm

I will try to just use an image instead of a title and have an alpha channel in the image.

I will update this post with my results with using an image instead of a title effect.

Return to posts index

Chris Rebuck
on Dec 5, 2012 at 7:25:38 am

I'm having the same problem. Its a nice effect and I'd like to use it but something that I can edit like the back of my hand in FCP 7 I can't seem to find in FCPX 10.0.6. Michael G is right. its straightforward in the previous version- but can't seem to be done in FCPX. Ugh.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]