FORUMS: list search recent posts

Music included with FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Slater
Music included with FCP 7
on Nov 15, 2011 at 1:09:50 am

I found a piece of music in the Soundtrack Pro library that actually works for a corporate video/web project. Does anyone know what the usage rules are for this library of music?

Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
Re: Music included with FCP 7
on Nov 15, 2011 at 9:37:10 am

They're described here as 'Royalty Free'

So presumably its all good? Ive always been under the impression they were essentially for broadcast terms, otherwise they wouldn't have supplied them... (be a bit unfair to give you loops you then have to pay extra for).

Im not certain if that carries across to the sort of 'pre made' demo track things but I'd assume so. If anyone else can provide better clarification that'd be great!

Tom Morter-Laing
Freelance Editor,
Certified Apple Product Proffessional, 2010

Sony Z5, with Rode NTG2.
iMac 27" intel i7 2.93GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD5750 [1GB GDDR5], 2TB Int. SATA with 2TB External HDD; (FW800), with Elgato Turbo H264HD.

Return to posts index

Ken Slater
Re: Music included with FCP 7
on Nov 15, 2011 at 6:28:14 pm

Thanks Tom!!
I looked all over pretty much everywhere for something that mentioned anything about "Royalty Free" etc. Looks like you found it buried in a promo website.

The info for each song gives the copyright to Apple. With your info from the web I am guessing that they weren't just included with the program for practice.

Thanks Again
Ken Slater
Minor Distractions Entertainment
Still have my 35mm Movieola but cut in FCP (for now)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, usa

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved