FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to export Avid Sequence into FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aimie Burns
Trying to export Avid Sequence into FCP
on Nov 14, 2011 at 8:53:43 pm

Hey,

Not sure if anyone on here can help me. But a client of ours has asked me to make an Avid Project that we have into a FCP project, and I keep running into walls.
This project was edited in Avid - using P2 Media, that is linked via AMA.

Things I've Done:
Master Sequence - Consolidate to external drive - Select consolidated SEQ - Export AAF - I've tried, copy media to folder, copy media to Embed, Link to media.

Inport into FCP - using either Automatic Duck Plug in, or the Boris FX AAF Import plugin.

The Issues:
When using Automatic duck - I can select use "existing media" - and the video files will come online, but only 5 audio clips on 1 track come online - there are 10 Audio tracks.
I tired a 25 second piece - Embedded AAF - everything came online, tried again with the whole sequence - 8 minutes - FCP crashed, AAF file is just under 5GB.

When using Boris FX - the whole sequence appears - but once it has loaded - all media is offline - and I'm battling trying to figure out how to make the media come online. When I go to "reconnect" media - it won't find the correct clip - and when I navigate to it, it gives me another error at import - incorrect reel name etc.

SYSTEM:
Mac OS 10.6.4
2 x 3.2GHz Quad
Core Intel Xeon, 12 GB Ram
AVID: 5.5.3
FCP: 7.0

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Aimie

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Trying to export Avid Sequence into FCP
on Nov 14, 2011 at 9:58:09 pm

FCP won't link to the media because it is MXF. FCP doesn't deal with MXF media...only Quicktime. You need to have Automatic Duck convert the media to Quicktime.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Aimie Burns
on Nov 15, 2011 at 2:57:10 pm

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your response. I've been trying with Automatic Duck - but for whatever reason - it will not bring all my audio files online. I have a project with 10 Audio tracks, and it will only bring in the first 5 clips from A1. I've tried the same AAF using Boris FX - and it does bring in the whole sequence correctly - though it is offline - so I know my AAF is okay. Have you ever had to deal with something like this while using Automatic Duck?

Aimie

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 15, 2011 at 5:25:55 pm

I haven't had that issue with Automatic Duck. The issues I had were when I tried to link to original. Avid media...OMF audio and MXF audio. Hmmmmmmm....Maybe that's what's happening. The audio isn't getting converted to QT. EVERYTHING needs to be converted to QT (or have QT reference files made) in order for FCP to link to them.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]