FORUMS: list search recent posts

XML import issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Vedholm
XML import issue
on Nov 14, 2011 at 8:44:14 pm

Trying to import XML file into FCP7. Suddenly this doesn't work. I have an XML file referring to TIFF files with subtitle images. It does import into FCP7 but all media is offline. I have done the same earlier without any problems. Only difference I can think of is my update from Leopard to Snow Leopard. Could this cause the problem?

Any help is appreciated.

/Brian

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: XML import issue
on Nov 14, 2011 at 9:35:17 pm

Are the tiff files on the same drive in the same folder as the XML. Any change to path and name will cause files to go offline.

It is easy to reconnect or are you unable to reconnect? Also did you just upgrade OS over Leopard? This forum for years has been advising against an update in favour of a clean OS and FCS install. FCS is most likely to play up and give problems when OS is just updated over a previous.

Return to posts index

Brian Vedholm
on Nov 14, 2011 at 10:28:28 pm

Thanks Michael, your answer let me to the solution. I did change the folder name. But I did it before importing into FCP thinking that would be okay. Now I changed the folder name back to the original name, and it works :-)

It seems the folder name and the XML file name must be identical except for the file extension in order to work (file extension is ".pac titles.xml").

Thanks for your help.

/Brian

BTW, did do a clean OS install - of course.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Nov 15, 2011 at 9:29:10 am

well, this is quite logical, since the absolute pathname is in the XML.

You could have reconnected, or (using a text editor) change the path in the XML.

Do have a look, just for fun. XML is very well human readable.

hth,

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]