FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to get a 12 fps timeline ??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cees Mutsaers
How to get a 12 fps timeline ??
on Nov 14, 2011 at 5:59:34 pm

I need to record a video with 12 fps in 720p with my Panasonic HPX300. Is it possible in FCP to generate a mov file where the video plays with 12 fps ?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How to get a 12 fps timeline ??
on Nov 14, 2011 at 6:32:25 pm

Sorry, FCP works with standard video frame rates only. 24fps is as low as it goes.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 14, 2011 at 7:38:11 pm

You mean, slow motion?

Return to posts index

Cees Mutsaers
on Nov 14, 2011 at 8:43:17 pm

No I don't mean slow motion. I want to have a video file with 12 fps, the same speed as recorded but I understand from Ross (another reply on this thread) that in FCP you only can have the standard frame rates like 24/25/30/50.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 14, 2011 at 9:47:31 pm

The only other way I can think to do that is to convert your video to stills with a 12th of a second duration, and lay those stills down on a 24fps timeline.

Can you explain better why exactly you believe you need a 12 FPS timeline?

Return to posts index

Cees Mutsaers
on Nov 14, 2011 at 11:59:59 pm

I thought of this solution but I had the feeling there maybe was a better alternative in FCS. I have to record a display with a 12 fps frame rate and want no dubbeling of the frames when I put it in a 25 fps timeline.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Nov 15, 2011 at 4:12:39 pm

Hi Cees
This request pops up once in a while. As noted, FCP doesn't directly support native non-standard frame rate editing, however you can force it to do so if you're willing to get your hands a bit dirty with FCP's XML format. Basically you just set up a project with all the settings you need (except frame rate obviously), then export that as an XML file. Next you open the exported XML file in a text editor and manually change the sequence's rate >> timebase property and timecode >> rate >> timebase property (to 12 ... or whatever's needed). Import that XML back into FCP (ignore any errors) and the new sequence created will be the one you're after.
Hope it helps
Andy

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1007928#1007983

Return to posts index

Sean Thomas
on Nov 17, 2011 at 4:48:47 am

Can't you export from FCP to a QT .mov file and choose your final frame rate. We do it all the time for web compression. Size, Rate, etc. can all be changed. You can also do it in Compressor.

Will that work for you?

Return to posts index

Cees Mutsaers
on Nov 17, 2011 at 7:16:25 am

Good idea about exportting it as 12 fps in compressor. If that does not work I have to dive in the XLS file as suggested by the other reply

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]