FORUMS: list search recent posts

Memory error when rendering in Final Cut Pro 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Kennedy
Memory error when rendering in Final Cut Pro 7
on Nov 14, 2011 at 3:17:25 pm

This is my first time posting so I hope I do it right. I'll try and provide as much info as I can. I've searched the forum before posting and haven't seen anything that directly relates to my problem. I'm running FCP 7.0.3 on a 27 inch iMac (mid 2011) with a 3.4 ghz Intel Core i7, 8 GB memory 1333 mhz ddr3, an AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048mb graphics chip, and Mac OSX lion 10.7.2. My storage drive is a Promise Technology 3TB Raid Array set to RAID 5 and connected via thunderbolt connection. The footage is brought in via "Log & Transfer" from a Sony HDR-CX550V. Everything imports just fine. I can edit footage for a while (around ten minutes or so) but then when i go to render a clip after moving or shortening it or adding some graphics I get the dreaded "general error - out of memory" If I save the project, quit Final Cut and immediately reopen the project everything is fine. It renders the clip and we start the whole merry dance all over again until the next time it happens. I've checked other postings regarding this problem. I have no large still images, nothing is CMYK instead of RGB, just the footage, some PNG's (all 1920 x 1080 @ 72 DPI) and several boris 3D titles. By all accounts with the rig I've got I should be screaming along. Any thoughts or suggestions would really help.

Thanks

KK

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Memory error when rendering in Final Cut Pro 7
on Nov 15, 2011 at 9:21:17 pm

What file format are the video clips you are editing?

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Kevin Kennedy
Re: Memory error when rendering in Final Cut Pro 7
on Nov 16, 2011 at 4:18:18 pm

Sorry! I knew I forgot something. They're Apple ProRes 422 with a frame rate of 29.97 1920 x 1080 pixels. Everything matches between the clips and the sequence.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]