FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can DVD STUDIO PRO burn BLU RAYS?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CHristopher Eric Outridge
Can DVD STUDIO PRO burn BLU RAYS?
on Nov 13, 2011 at 1:27:42 am

I have a 12 minute HD movie that I will like to burn onto a DVD or on a Blu Ray using DVD sSTUDIO PRO. is this possible? I want to preserve my HD quality for my actors as well as for film festivals. Is there any way to do this in DVD STUDIO PRO? Can anyone reccommend na laternate program or an external blu ray burner for an IMAC that I can use if DVD STUDIO PRO can't do what I need.

I am using DVD STUDIO PRO 4 from teh FINAL CUT STUDIO 3 package.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Can DVD STUDIO PRO burn BLU RAYS?
on Nov 13, 2011 at 2:44:06 am

You can do Bluray with Compressor not DVDSP.
That's part of Final Cut Studio as well.

There are may external BluRay recorders. I have an LG but I can't remember the model (not in front of my computer).

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Nov 14, 2011 at 12:39:58 am

I can't recommend an external Blu-ray burner - you'll have to rely on others to help you there. Other World Computing has some that come bundled with Toast Titanium which is what I use for making Blu-ray discs. Make sure Toast has the Blu-ray plug-in. Then it's a simple matter of exporting a self-contained movie from Final Cut and bringing that into Toast. There's not much you can do as far as authoring, but I've been satisfied with the results I'm getting. You may also want to buy a re-writable Blu-ray disc to experiment with to avoid making coasters... and of course, you should have a Blu-ray player and HDTV to assess your results.

HTH

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Bill Celnick
on Nov 14, 2011 at 1:44:44 pm

Two years ago I purchased an external (USB) Blu-ray burner from Buffalo Technology. Although it wasn't represented as Mac compatible, its worked just fine with my iMac, Mac Book Pro, and Mac Pro for burning Blu-Ray and DVDs.

Primarily I've used it with Adobe Encore for Blu-Ray, although I have used it with Toast for Blu-Ray data discs.

In all probability the same model has been replaced several times over, but take a look.

You can also make your own external drive by buying an internal burner and an enclosure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]