FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to burn an HD DVD using DVD STUDIO PRO 4, but recieving video bit-rate error

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CHristopher Eric Outridge
Trying to burn an HD DVD using DVD STUDIO PRO 4, but recieving video bit-rate error
on Nov 12, 2011 at 9:18:59 pm

I'm trying to burn out an HD DVD using DVD Studio Pro 4, but I am recieving an error every time. The error is during the MUXING process (not sure what this means) and the message says "VIDEO BITRATE TOO HIGH"

What does this mean?

All of the files were made via FILE > EXPORT > QUICKTIME using the current settings on my timeline. I have 2 menus and five files on the DVD. 1 files is HD (13 minutes short film) and the others are regular SD files (less than two minutes each). Also, the DVD is only 2.4 GIGs in file size.

Can anyone help me out and tell me what's wrong? Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Trying to burn an HD DVD using DVD STUDIO PRO 4, but recieving video bit-rate error
on Nov 13, 2011 at 12:57:42 am

Stop. Before going any further...you do realize that HD DVD is a dead format. There are no players anymore.

If you want a hi def DVD you want to make a Blu Ray disc. You cannot do that in DVDSP

Return to posts index

Re: Trying to burn an HD DVD using DVD STUDIO PRO 4, but recieving video bit-rate error
on Nov 13, 2011 at 1:16:46 am

I used the HD DVD format thinking that maybe I could burn out my movie onto a DVD without using Blu Ray burner. I just wanted to try it to see if it will work.

Other than using a BLU RAY burner, Is there any way I can get my HD movie onto a DVD AND PRESERVE MY HD quality. My actors and actresses don't have a Blu Ray player and I would really like for them to have movie, as welol as submit to festival who require DVDs submission.

Any info will help. Thank you.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Nov 13, 2011 at 1:24:41 am

No. You need an HD format to preserve HD quality. Regular DVD is SD only.

BluRay is the only HD disc that can easily be played.

Return to posts index

on Nov 13, 2011 at 1:31:49 am

You say that DVD STUDIO PRO can't do BLU RAY. Can you recommend any external blu ray burners that will work with an IMAC? I have done some research, and I haven't found anything compatible with APple. I even asked the apple store and they couldn't reccommend anything.

How can I get submit my project to film festivals and my actors that only accept DVD? Will I have to burn a SD DVD of my project?

Return to posts index

Richard van Harderwijk
on Nov 13, 2011 at 8:57:11 pm

Hi,

The error VIDEO BITRATE TOO HIGH means exactly that. But there is an bug in DVDSP that I encountered, giving the exact same message.

It can also mean there is an error in you're audio file. If you didn't use compressor to make an AC3, it can happen that there is a short intense peak (not audible) in the level and DVDSP 'translates' that also in video bitrate to high (don't ask why)... So compress audio to AC3 using compressor. That fixes the peak and message.

As stated before, HD DVD is dead, it went out with disco. If a festival wants a DVD, it will be a SD-DVD (but ask!).

BTW, there is a trick to burn a blu-ray kind of disk on a DVD. It will only be playable on Blu-Ray devices, but of course the duration cannot be as long as a standard blu-ray and the bit-rate will be lower (but higher dan SD). Check this link

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/burn_br_mac_superdrive_stone.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]