FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to export LOW quality video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Moore
How to export LOW quality video
on Nov 12, 2011 at 7:56:43 am

Hello all,

My problem is simple (I believe) but I'm at a loss. I've spent all week sifting through hours of footage to make select reels for my boss. 13 timelines, each with an hour and a half or so of footage.

All he wants are LOW resolution files that he can watch. LOW resolution so as to cut down on long export times. How do I do this? What is the fastest way I can export those 13 timelines? Soupy pixelated video does not matter.

I know I can uncheck the "make movie self-contained" box so I've got reference files. Once I import them into compressor it still looks like it's going to take me forever to convert them into a usable format.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: How to export LOW quality video
on Nov 12, 2011 at 2:06:40 pm

The fastest way to export is using current settings, then make low res copies for your boss.

I've been using Mpeg Streamclip for this recently as it's quite a lot quicker than Compressor on my kit.

I've been doing this: open the file then select Export to Quicktime under the file menu, then choose your settings. I've been using Compression = H264, tick Limit Data Rate and put on 220kbps in the box, Sound = MPEG-4 AAC, Frame size Other and choose 320 x 180, don't tick any other box. Those files are pretty crappy but are small enough to send 1hr+ interviews over the internet. I'm doing that to have interviews transcribed and it's good enough for that purpose, so it may well suit you as well.

Sadly the longest amount of time is the export from FCP. You can put an IN and OUT point into Mpeg Streamclip to convert just a section of a file, so for some purposes you can make selects from the source files without going from an FCP timeline, but that doesn't sound like it's an option for you on this job.

Return to posts index

Kyle Moore
Re: How to export LOW quality video
on Nov 13, 2011 at 7:36:37 pm

Thank you for this tip - it absolutely works for what I need to do!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]