FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP huts down during Compressor export to DVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Butterfield
FCP huts down during Compressor export to DVD
on Nov 12, 2011 at 4:28:17 am

Trying to get a 100 minute DVCPro HD documentary off the time line and onto DVD. Have never had problems with Compressor before, but now, FCP shuts down (various error boxes) and the export fails. This is the longest show I've ever tried to prep for DVD. There are multiple formats on the time line. At first I thought auto saving was interrupting the long export as those screens often lingered after the FCP shutdowns. I am using FCP 6.06 with a dual core Mac Book Pro. Is this just asking too much of my little system? Is the file too big? I am choosing a two pass preset for best 120 min. DVD, Dolby Digital etc. So far the export hasn't gotten either the audio or video target to the desktop before FCP shuts down, and that took hours. Any help greatly appreciated. Is there a trick for a longer show? -- Dave

Return to posts index

David Butterfield
Re: FCP huts down during Compressor export to DVD
on Nov 12, 2011 at 5:36:19 pm

Subsequent tries a tthis export yield a consistent error message in the Batch Monitor: Quicktime Error: 0 I can now get the audio portion of the export done, but the video concks out after about three hours with the above failure notice. Any insight appreciated.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: FCP huts down during Compressor export to DVD
on Nov 12, 2011 at 6:43:25 pm

As I told you in your other post, export a self contained file first, then use that file in Compressor. Oh, and make sure to render all first, and make certain that "Full" is checked in the Render All drop-down menu.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]