FORUMS: list search recent posts

5D and EOS Plugin for FCP daylight savings time problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bh austin
5D and EOS Plugin for FCP daylight savings time problem
on Nov 11, 2011 at 4:53:01 am

I have been working on a project using FCP with 5D footage and have encountered a serious issue related to daylight savings time.
The workflow is to ingest through FCP L&T at PR422(proxy), edit, media manage, then re-ingest at PR(HQ) and output.
We found that media ingested before the time-change showed up with timecode that was off by one hour when viewed in the L&T browser before re-ingest. Most clips could not be batch ingested because the new timecode was outside the range of the original. If they did ingest, the edit points were off.

We changed the date of the MacPro to before the timechange and the timecode shows up correctly and batches right in.

Still weighing the impact this will have on the project as media continues to flow in and ingest will straddle the DST date...

Return to posts index

Amberlie Bankoff
Re: 5D and EOS Plugin for FCP daylight savings time problem
on Nov 18, 2011 at 12:27:27 pm

I am experiencing the same problem here. As if us FCP users didn't have enough problems going on already!

Did you find a solid fix? I can't find anything else about this on the web... I tired changing my clock, but my time code is still of by one hour.

-------
My Life
Meet Jerry

Return to posts index

bh austin
on Nov 18, 2011 at 1:35:11 pm

The only solution I have found is to change the date of the computer to before 11/6 when the time change occurred and batch the clips that were ingested before the time change, and then change the date back to the current date and batch the clips that were ingested after the time change.
The best way to determine is to look at the creation date of the proxy files in the Capture scratch folder.

I have tried adjusting the timecode in FCP and through a metadata editor but both result in clips that can not be re-ingested correctly. Still looking for a fix.

BTW, Canon support looked into it and called back with the response "the camera is working as it should, and that I should talk to Apple".

Well, the problem is with the way the Canon EOS plug-in works, so sounds like Canon doesn't want to support the software they wrote.

Return to posts index

Amberlie Bankoff
on Nov 18, 2011 at 8:39:11 pm

Canon doesn't seem like they have been much help with any video related, even though they are trying to infiltrate the video market with their new cine cameras....

So I changed the time on my computer, that helped but it still is off in various places, so I am utterly confused. All my files are off by 5-60 seconds and I have no clue? This is a nightmare. It's coming to point where I am going to have match all the time codes individually and this is a feature so 700 files later.... Ugh!

-------
My Life
Meet Jerry

Return to posts index

Elliott Balsley
on Nov 30, 2011 at 9:59:43 pm

I have this same problem. I tried changing the date/time as you said, but FCP still won't recognize the clips in L&T. It seems like maybe FCP keeps a cache somewhere of drives mounted in L&T, and maybe I need to delete this cache. I have no idea where it would be though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]