FORUMS: list search recent posts

External Monitor no Video Playback?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrey Karpov
External Monitor no Video Playback?
on Nov 11, 2011 at 4:39:22 am

Hey I've just purchased an external monitor to use while editing.

Now I've got the monitor hooked up via HDMI to my EVGA GTX480 and I have the image on both screens. Basically everything works.

Except when I turn the external monitoring on, there is no video playback on either screen. Just a still frame.

If I play and then pause the image on both monitors updates to the new point. But the video simply will not play. (audio however does)

It's definitely not due to system performance.

So I'm guessing it's just some setting I probably messed up.

Any advice?

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: External Monitor no Video Playback?
on Nov 11, 2011 at 2:34:36 pm

My guess is that your graphics card's HDMI out isn't supported in FCP... You really need a proper video I/O to do this correctly. Something from AJA, BlackMagic or Matrox would do the trick.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Andrey Karpov
Re: External Monitor no Video Playback?
on Nov 12, 2011 at 12:34:47 am

Thanks for the quick response. But due to the still frames of video being displayed when the video pauses I believe it's possible for me to play back the video.

Perhaps I may be overlooking some settings.
What would the proper preferences be for such a connection?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]