FORUMS: list search recent posts

Equal interval trimming

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad McClymonds
Equal interval trimming
on Nov 10, 2011 at 8:13:10 am

Hey there, sorry if this has been asked before:

I have one giant video clip that I am trying to chop up into many clips that are all the exact same size. Is there a way to simultaneously trim the big clip in equal intervals, or do I need to manually scroll along the clip and trim it one point at a time?

I hope this question makes sense.

Thanks!
Chad

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Equal interval trimming
on Nov 10, 2011 at 11:37:30 am

(Apart from having no idea why anyone would want to do this) I can't think of a "standard" way of doing it in FCP's toolset, but there are ways you could go about it, so as a first suggestion:

make a new layer; load something inconsequential into the viewer (e.g., text); set the duration of the clip to whatever you want your length to be; edit it into the new layer as many times as you need (so you have a continuous series of clips all at the same duration with cuts); select the blade tool and check that snapping is on; run along the vision layer you want to divide up and click as the cursor jumps to each snapping point.

I expect that someone will have a better way of doing this.

Return to posts index

Chad McClymonds
Re: Equal interval trimming
on Nov 10, 2011 at 3:07:53 pm

Thanks. Yeah, it is a strange need. I'm working with someone on a project trying to match random clips all over the place. I've never dealt with it myself.

But I suppose your method is the best way to go ahead with it for now.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]