FORUMS: list search recent posts

Easy Setup and Sequence Settings for Kodak Playtouch Footage shot in HD 1080p

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Casillas
Easy Setup and Sequence Settings for Kodak Playtouch Footage shot in HD 1080p
on Nov 9, 2011 at 10:17:32 pm

I am trying to figure out how to set the correct Easy Setup and Sequence Settings for my footage that was shot on a KODAK Playtouch Flipcam using HD 1080p - 1920 X 1080, 30fps video resolution.

The native footage format recorded on the Playtouch flipcam is MP4. So I'm using a converting software program called FLV Crunch to convert the MP4 files into .mov (quicktime files). Once they have been converted into .mov files I can then import them into Final Cut Pro so that they can be ready to edit.

However, I am stuck and not entirely sure as to what Easy Setup and Sequence Settings I should use. I'm guessing that in Easy Setup I can set the FORMAT to HD; the RATE to 29.97fps; and the USE to DVCPRO HD - 1080p30?

(If this is incorrect, can someone please tell me which settings to use).

Also, I'm not really sure what settings to set/use in the SEQUENCE SETTINGS.

If anyone has any insight or recommendations on how to do this I would greatly appreciate any/all feedback. I'm trying to not have to wait hours on end to render everything that I do with this video project. THANK YOU!!!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Easy Setup and Sequence Settings for Kodak Playtouch Footage shot in HD 1080p
on Nov 9, 2011 at 11:36:18 pm

[Ricky Casillas] "So I'm using a converting software program called FLV Crunch to convert the MP4 files into .mov (quicktime files)."

Quicktime .mov is a very generic term. It's like saying "I got a can of drink." What kind of drink? Beer? Coca Cola? Pepsi? Dr. Pepper? Quicktime .mov is just a container that can be one of any number of codecs. Sorenson, H.264, mpeg-2, ProRes, DV...on and on and on.

You need to convert the footage into an editing codec that FCP uses...like ProRes. FCP doesn't just use ANY old QT .mov that you throw at it...no way! It needs specific editing codecs. I don't think FLV Crunch will do ProRes...but see. If not, use MPEG STREAMCLIP to convert.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]