FORUMS: list search recent posts

Directory Structure for .MTS Log and Transfer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Targia
Directory Structure for .MTS Log and Transfer
on Nov 9, 2011 at 7:54:16 pm

So, I have been sent footage as a .mts file, I am trying to open this with FCP7, and I cannot, it is to my understanding that this is AVCPROHD and I need to log and transfer. That's fine, I do log and transfer all the time with P2 footage. However they did not include any directory structure for this so I cannot open it with log and transfer; what is the directory structure for these files?

================================================
MacPro Octo Core Intel Xenon 2.8Ghz 10GB DDR2 Ram
FCP 7.0.3
-I highly recommend el Gato Turbo264HD-

Return to posts index

Christopher Targia
Re: Directory Structure for .MTS Log and Transfer
on Nov 9, 2011 at 8:11:15 pm

so upon further research, I found the directory structure...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AVCHD_actual_file_structure.jpg

however I still cannot open this file, how am I supposed to open this file without spending money on something like Roxio Toast?

================================================
MacPro Octo Core Intel Xenon 2.8Ghz 10GB DDR2 Ram
FCP 7.0.3
-I highly recommend el Gato Turbo264HD-

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 9, 2011 at 9:17:14 pm

NO directory structure...no free lunch. You can try ClipWrap2 as well...not free, but a great deal for $49. Demo available, so you can test to see if it will work.

Yell at the people who didn't get you the full card structure. Or bill your client for an extra hour for the extra hassle it took to import it. Tell them, "if they had gotten me the full, complete card structure to begin with, I wouldn't have had to put in the extra time and effort it took to convert the files." Charging the client more means THEY will yell at the camera people, and make sure it won't happen again.

What they try to save time on in production, adds to time and cost in post. Add the cost in post, they will work to fix that issue in production.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Owen Smithyman
on Apr 29, 2013 at 7:22:18 pm

This is an old thread, but I just ran across this very problem and found a wonky but free solution called multiAVCHD. http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/

It's designed to allow footage to be played in Blu-ray players or something, but you can also use it to recreate the missing folder structure for your MTS files. Ignore the pages and pages of options. All you have to do is add your MTS files, choose an output folder, click the big Start button, and then click the small 1080p60 button (in my case at least). After a process during which Windows will probably mistakenly tell you that the program has crashed multiple times, your footage will be moved or copied to the output folder, which should have the correct directory structure.

Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]