FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time lapse of a computer screen: video or animation?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Denega
Time lapse of a computer screen: video or animation?
on Nov 8, 2011 at 7:30:20 pm

I need a shot of a twitter following rapidly increasing. I can film a computer screen for 20 minutes and arrange for a massive amount of people to follow a certain handle in that window, or...

can I animate it? How, and using what? I have no experience with animation programs, so this might not be the time to learn since I'm on deadline. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Time lapse of a computer screen: video or animation?
on Nov 8, 2011 at 7:39:17 pm

This is not a huge deal to make in Apple Motion, or even just by shooting digital stills adn throwing them all into one bin to self-animate, just by adjusting the default stills duration of the bin before you import stills.

The time lapse will also work. Run a screen recorder program like camtaesia or one of the others, then speed up the playback in the edit. Shoot the montiro with a camera at he same time, and you have the bets of both worlsd, in that you will have ahigher-rez vesion of the screen content you can lay back into the shot of the monitor, should you need that. Motion lets you do a 4-corner pin really easy.

Return to posts index

Mark Denega
on Nov 17, 2011 at 5:03:47 pm

Hey Mark, thanks for the reply.

I'm attempting to learn motion. Can you recommend a tutorial that would help me do this job specifically? Can I build the entire thing in motion - or will I need to use photoshop as well? Can I manipulate just one digital still, and change the number on each? Looking for a step in the right direction.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 17, 2011 at 6:32:12 pm

Buy Stephen Smith's "Moving with Motion" DVD from right here at the COW: I found it to be a very comprehensive guide that walks you thru every basic function, while also pointing out shortcuts and ways to improve your workflow to be more efficient. Watch 13 chapters in a row and never have to crack the manual again. Watch his chapter on how to motion track and corner-pin images to a computer screen, it should get you close to your goal. The DVD is also priced shamefully low.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]