FORUMS: list search recent posts

Duplicate the project or .... ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Dean
Duplicate the project or .... ?
on Nov 7, 2011 at 5:05:19 pm

I just finished a video for a client's product that includes a variety of titles create in Live Type.

My client has asked me to create a second video, nearly identical to the first, but with a different name for the product in each of the titles.

The easiest way to do this is to simply open each Live Type title and change the product name.

Of course, when I do that - it will change the title in the first video. (And the phone will ring with changes to that video.)

Would simply duplicating the project (by creating a new project folder) and renaming the project within that work? Would Final Cut reference the titles in that folder to the project in that folder - or the original titles in the original project folder?

Or is there another solution (other than recreating and re-inserting all of the titles).

Thanks!

DD

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
We'll help you get your story out!
http://www.deangroupmedia.com

Return to posts index

Dennis Dean
Re: Duplicate the project or .... ?
on Nov 7, 2011 at 5:05:35 pm

ps - am running FCP 6.06
dd

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
We'll help you get your story out!
http://www.deangroupmedia.com

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Nov 7, 2011 at 5:13:37 pm

Open each LiveType project and make a duplicate. Make your changes, and save as with a new title that reflects the change. Then import the new titles into your current project, duplicate the original timeline (and rename with revision in title), replace the LiveType titles with the new ones, re-render and viola!

Always a good idea to make duplicates so you don't accidentally overwrite the originals.

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions
Posted from my iPad

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 7, 2011 at 7:20:51 pm

You can make the replacing of the titles easier by using copy/paste attributes - content. Basically, highlight new livetype file in bin, copy. Then highlight file to be replaced in sequence. Right click, paste attributes, and choose "content."

If you've got tremendous number of files to replace you could media manage the sequence to a new project, which would duplicate the livetype files and relink the new sequence in a new project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]