FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropped Frame lost capture

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Beamish
Dropped Frame lost capture
on Nov 7, 2011 at 3:40:01 am

I have a three camera HD studio set up to capture through a Blackmagic Box into Final Cut Pro 6.

All was working fine until today when I thought I was capturing a 30 min interview and "Drop Frame" announcement comes up and I loose my interview.

Any ideas where it might have gone? Or how I might get it back?

A one off interview that can't happen again. So seriously F#@ked if I have lost it all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Dropped Frame lost capture
on Nov 7, 2011 at 3:58:49 am

This is why computers are NOT to be relied upon for capture. If you use the computer to capture, also record in the camera, be it tape or tapeless media. Because when Capture is aborted due to dropped frames in FCP, the temp capture file is discarded. Unless you have, in the USER PREFERENCES, ABORT CAPTURE ON DROPFRAMES unchecked.

Computers should never be used. Get reliable tapeless recording devices like the AJA KiPro or PiPro Mini...The Ninja or Samurai, Convergent Design Nano Flash.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kim Beamish
Re: Dropped Frame lost capture
on Nov 7, 2011 at 5:15:28 am

Cheers Shane.

Although I would have preferred an answer that said, "No worries. Your media is [here] and already edited for you!" but hey you win some and you loose some.

So have now in lined a spare Balckmagic Hyperdeck and hope that does the job for now.

Although I have been having a few weird issues with it as well but that is for another thread.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]