FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tips for editing family home videos?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Caridi
Tips for editing family home videos?
on Nov 6, 2011 at 9:55:51 pm

Hi, I am starting to do professional editing work for others, though I've had plenty of FCP7 experience editing my own shorts and feature. A Chinese client wants me to edit family home videos, which are mostly of children. I have all the clips he gave me in sequence, but I would like to add transitions, music, and there are a ton of pictures, also. What is a good way to incorporate pictures into a video timeline? Like, start with a picture and cross-fade into a video of that person/event? What are good cutesy transitions or effects I can use for children playing, singing and such? Lastly, where is a good place to download quirky/cute sound effects for such transitions, or playful music? I've used plenty of free sound effects websites before, I'm just wondering if anyone has specific had experience editing footage of families and especially children.

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: Tips for editing family home videos?
on Nov 7, 2011 at 1:40:24 am

I do a lot of "home video" edits of my family...gopro and consumer cam stuff...if u want to see some examples of what I've done, check out my YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/jbtwist

I use licensed music, but YouTube automatically attributes rights...since its for my family and historical only , I'm not concerned about royalties and other commercial issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]