FORUMS: list search recent posts

Finalcut Pro 7 send to color not importing corectly.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Freya Fennwood
Finalcut Pro 7 send to color not importing corectly.
on Nov 6, 2011 at 9:52:27 pm

Hi am am relatively novice at finalcut pro. I have edited a sequence using Nikon d7000 footage and GoPro footage in finalcut pro 7 I then used the send to command to send it to color. When color opens the project the play back of the clips is all wrong. they appear to be out of sync. I checked the setting and they appear to be all correct. I thought it was just being glitchey so i graded my project. rendered the files and useed send to command back to final Cut. In finalcut the clips have been shortened. its like one frame has been color corrected and the rest have been lost. I have tried to Google this problem but have come up with nothing helpful. any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Finalcut Pro 7 send to color not importing corectly.
on Nov 7, 2011 at 2:02:25 am

[Freya Fennwood] "I have edited a sequence using Nikon d7000 footage and GoPro footage in finalcut pro 7 "
No one of those formats are supported by FC.
You need to convert the footage to any editable codec.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Finalcut Pro 7 send to color not importing corectly.
on Nov 7, 2011 at 9:31:23 pm

Just to add to Rafael's comments.

Make sure you have upgraded to FCP 7.03 as 7.0 and all versions before are buggy when round tripping FCP/Color.

Are the clips that appear to be 1 frame long speed adjusted ? This is typical of slomo/sped up clips in versions prior to 7.03.

There are also issues with imported stills, freeze frames, in fact pretty much anything that is not a standard normal speed quicktime movie.

7.03 fixes pretty much all of these issues but as Rafael says - you must have compatible media first.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]