FORUMS: list search recent posts

final cut pro only capturing alternate clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
julian mccarthy
final cut pro only capturing alternate clips
on Nov 5, 2011 at 7:13:17 am

Hi there,

I have been capturing clips filmed in AVCHD, and converting and capturing them into Pro Res 422 LT on my Mac - this has been going very well using 'Log and Transfer'.
Then today it has started only transferring every second clip from the list.

When I go back through and try and get it to transfer the clips it has missed out, it takes 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 tries to get each one. Also, Ive noticed that it appears to be mostly (but not always) a pattern of missing out every second clip on its first run-through.

Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Julian

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: final cut pro only capturing alternate clips
on Nov 5, 2011 at 11:59:09 am

Did you:

Trash prefs
Repair Permissions
Reboot
Retry

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

julian mccarthy
on Nov 5, 2011 at 10:53:38 pm

Thanks for the reply
- I'm not sure which specific preferences I should trash - have reset conversion format,and pathway and rebooted.
The same thing is happening.

But trying it again - it is clear that it is taking two tries at each clip to successfully convert them:
- if I select a block of ten clips in the log and transfer window, it will transfer only every alternate clip (even though it appears to go through the same process for each clip)
- if I select each clip individually,I need to do the process twice, and the second time it goes through.

- this wouldnt be a problem, except that this is documentary footage with a few thousand clips- it was working perfectly - I could select a block of clips and just let them run through.

Thanks for any input

Return to posts index

julian mccarthy
on Nov 14, 2011 at 5:35:47 am

I have just been using the same computer with final cut for another project, but with the footage stored on a different hard drive - and have just gone back to the original project where this strange log and transfer pattern was occurring - I'm not sure what has changed, but now the log and transfer is working perfectly again - maybe as a result of having to reset the scratch disks ? - I'm not sure - haven't really changed any other settings (that I am aware off) - but now its cured - fantastic - I suppose its just that thing of getting the software to reset/refresh itself. Thanks for the input. Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]