FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can someone please shed some light?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Scarlett
Can someone please shed some light?
on Nov 4, 2011 at 9:52:03 pm

I'm using Final cut Pro 7 and I am using a Sony Bloggie camera. I'm using Amplitube 3 as a VST plug in Presonus, Studio One. I'm bringing in Audio from Studio One and linking them up in FCP. My latency on Studio one is set very low 8.87 input and 6.46ms output. When I bring the Video into FCP I'm wrapping the video in Apple Pro Res 422 codec. After rendering my sequence I watch the video through and about 5 minutes into it the video begins to drift from the Audio. I don't think I can lower the latency much more? I'm usually recording at least 30 min to an hour segments so I'm stuck and cannot figure out what to do. Can someone help?

Thanks

Ted

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Can someone please shed some light?
on Nov 5, 2011 at 12:41:58 am

Latency shouldn't be cumulative and the delay is only a quarter of a frame. The drift may be for a number of reasons. Perhaps the camera and the Presonus are drifting with regard to crystal sync.

Is the audio 48khz and the sequence 48khz? If not it should be. What frame rate is the camera?

The clip should not need rendering unless there is a mismatch in codec, frame rates, sample rates or frame pixel aspect. Why do you need to render?

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Nov 5, 2011 at 12:18:43 pm

+1 to what Michael posted (in particular making sure that the audio is at 48kHz sampling rate), but there's another thing that might be worth checking as well;

when FCP imports an audio file it adds a time stamp - it's possible that you could have got a time stamp on the audio file within FCP that is a different frame rate to the sequence, and if that's the case FCP will play it back at the "wrong" speed, so it will gradually go out of sync with the pictures. More info (and how to sort it) here: http://library.creativecow.net/lyon_matt/fixing-fcp-assets/1

Return to posts index

Ted Scarlett
on Nov 5, 2011 at 4:49:17 pm

I'm just using a Flip camera at 720P. The audio file I was importing from Studio one was at 44.1khz. I'll change it to 48khz and see if that does the trick. Also Michael to answer your question on "why do you need to render" That's just what FCP is telling me sometimes when I bring in the Video and Audio to link up it just beeps at me until I render both. I know I'm doing something wrong so any advice you all have would be great.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 5, 2011 at 8:53:06 pm

44.1 might be enough to force a render. Definitely do 48khz and as Andrew has indicated make sure the frame rate time stamping is matched by reading Matt Lyons tutorial, particularly the second half.

Return to posts index

Ted Scarlett
on Nov 6, 2011 at 5:31:23 pm

Will do. Can you all give me some advice as to what to do before dragging my footage into FCP? I've received mixed ideas on this. Some say to wrap the video in Apple Pro res in compressor before bringing into FCP and others say to not send it to compressor at all and then others say wait til editing is finished and then send it to compressor. Thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]