FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bizarre Issue with Final Cut Pro 7--can't reinstall. "Spotify" culprit or coincidence? Any Insight?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Bistrong
Bizarre Issue with Final Cut Pro 7--can't reinstall. "Spotify" culprit or coincidence? Any Insight?
on Nov 4, 2011 at 2:52:47 pm

Working on a Imac 27" quad core i5.

This issue started when I tried to sign up for Spotify--the music streaming service. After one use, all of my pro applications (Final Cut Pro & Adobe suite)stopped working. First they asked for serials--then they began to produce reports.

I uninstalled everything and tried reinstalling. Somewhere in the process I got a message that I was having hard disk problems. After running disk utility--it told me I had major issues with my hard disk. Took my machine to apple, they confirmed and replaced my hard disk. I assumed that was the issue with installing my programs. Just got the machine back and to no avail, I'm getting the same crash report. It's allowing me to install, but at first open it gives the report. Here it is. Can anyone make sense of this? Thanks so much. I Have a client waiting on a big project.

This issue started when I tried to sign up for Spotify--the music streaming service. After one use, all of my pro applications (Final Cut Pro & Adobe suite)stopped working. First they asked for serials--then they began to produce reports.

I uninstalled everything and tried reinstalling. Somewhere in the process I got a message that I was having hard disk problems. After running disk utility--it told me I had major issues with my hard disk. Took my machine to apple, they confirmed and replaced my hard disk. I assumed that was the issue with installing my programs. Just got the machine back and to no avail, I'm getting the same crash report. It's allowing me to install, but at first open it gives the report. Here it is. Can anyone make sense of this? Thanks so much. I Have a client waiting on a big project.

Attached is a screen shot of the crash report.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

JB

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Bizarre Issue with Final Cut Pro 7--can't reinstall. "Spotify" culprit or coincidence? Any Insight?
on Nov 4, 2011 at 3:36:13 pm

Be precise Jared and list all the steps you took, exactly.

How did you you uninstall everything?

And, by everything, do you mean the OS too?

Did you run the Apple Software Update utility over and over again after uninstalling?

Did you ever Fix Permissions?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Jared Bistrong
Re: Bizarre Issue with Final Cut Pro 7--can't reinstall. "Spotify" culprit or coincidence? Any Insight?
on Nov 4, 2011 at 3:51:50 pm

David,

Thanks for the response!! I apologize, it's been a whirlwind. . .I basically deleted Final Cut Pro Icon and I believe anything associated with it. I didn't do an official uninstall because I couldn't find one and thought maybe there wasn't one. . .was I wrong? I did do software updates. Not sure if it came after uninstall(or at least my version of it). I backed up everything on my computer on an external via time machine, then took it to Apple store and once the new hard disk was in (Apple installed the OS) I transferred just my programs back onto the machine (not including FCP-obviously)

Fix permissions? How might I do this? I ran disk utility today and everything was okay with the hard disk.

My operating system is 10.6.8.

Again, thanks for any help you can give me.

Best,

Jared

Return to posts index

Jared Bistrong
on Nov 4, 2011 at 3:57:22 pm

Just repaired permissions. . .will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jared Bistrong
on Nov 4, 2011 at 4:30:15 pm

No success with the permission repairs. Any other ideas? Thanks so much.
I'm willing to do whatever!!

jared

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Nov 4, 2011 at 4:30:57 pm

[Jared Bistrong] "I didn't do an official uninstall because I couldn't find one and thought maybe there wasn't one. . .was I wrong?"

Yes, there is an uninstaller, and you absolutely, positively must use it, because a simple deletion of the app will not work.

Here's what you need: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcsremover/

Run it... Then Fix Permissions again. Next, reboot the computer.

Now, before doing anything else, run Software Update several times to insure that your OS is up to date completely. Keep running it until it tells you all software is up to date.

Now, Fix Permissions again.

Then, install FCS, and run Software Update over and over again until it tell you you're all up to date.

Then, Fix Permissions again.

If all is not well after all that, you may have to reinstall everything from the ground up, but the odds are you won't have to.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Jared Bistrong
on Nov 4, 2011 at 9:12:03 pm

Hi David,

I did exactly what you said very meticulously for the last 3 hours--3-4 times over. I updated, repaired, rebooted, repaired, updated, installed, repaired and tried to open, but got the same crash report. See below.

"you may have to reinstall everything from the ground up,"

How might I go about rebuilding from the ground up? I really appreciate the help. . .I'll do anything at this point.

Thanks

jared

Return to posts index

Jared Bistrong
on Nov 22, 2011 at 12:07:42 am

David,

Thank You for your assistance. . .it helped a lot. I was able to finally get the install to work! Learned a lot along the way. Not sure why it finally work, but it did. Again, thanks.

Jared

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]