FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tower heisted? More Kremlinology regarding Cupurtino

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Tower heisted? More Kremlinology regarding Cupurtino
on Nov 3, 2011 at 8:46:32 pm

So, this recent rumor-mongering that Apple is considering no longer producing the Pro towers... do you think this was a reaction to the crazy ledge-dance HP was doing recently, before their meds took hold and they had flirted with dumping their computer line?

I find it hard to believe the phone company known as Apple would do such a thing, at least until they could point to an imac or laptop with a straight face and say it was equally powerful and capable. That's money still on the table.

Adobe should be worried: though Premiere and the creative Suite is cross-platform, losing the mac pro towers would hurt their business a LOT.

What would we do if the worst was true? Step 1, hoard current new product, sure, but then what?

More and more, Apple is giving me the feeling I'm the battered spouse in a downward-spiralling relationship. Trust and faith keep getting shaken, no resolution is visible on the horizon. It's not the same person/company I married myself to.

The market space is developing a gap for some new upstart entrant to fill... the next Woz and Jobs out there in a garage somewhere... are they right now making the thing that makes this whole discussion irrelevant?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Tower heisted? More Kremlinology regarding Cupurtino
on Nov 5, 2011 at 4:16:32 am

Let's take a breath.

The MacPro is still available. It won't be around forever.

Computers are getting smaller and faster, we are in the midst of change.

We will make it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]