FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ripping YouTube videos

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zeke meginsky
Ripping YouTube videos
on Nov 3, 2011 at 7:59:07 pm

I'm ripping a YouTube video using this program called Youtube by Click. I think it makes it an MP4. I'm then using it in a DV timeline. Is there a better way of doing this?

Zeke

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Ripping YouTube videos
on Nov 3, 2011 at 8:29:39 pm

I like clipconverter.cc for this, and it gives you a variety of formats to convert the clip to, including AVI, MPEG4 Flash, etc.

Return to posts index

Sean Mullen
on Nov 3, 2011 at 8:31:41 pm

Keepvid is a great app as well.

Sean Mullen
Rampant Design Tools

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
on Nov 3, 2011 at 9:12:14 pm

If you're on a mac just copy the file from the activity window on your mac, and paste it in the download window. Down load it and then bring it into Mpeg Streamclip and convert it to whatever kind of file you wish to edit. Simple.

Return to posts index

Jorn Bergmans
on Nov 3, 2011 at 9:13:16 pm

Actually, Safari can download those .flv videos from youtube directly without having to convert it! Which is a nifty trick not a lot of people know about... (Of course then you are left with an FLV, but still)

In Safari, open your Activity window, and look for a file that might be the video you're playing in youtube. Usually this will be the biggest file in the list, and if you're still downloading (filling up the bar in the youtube vid) it will increase in size. They're usually a few MB's big, where the rest of the website's body is only a few kb's.
Select this file/link and copy/paste it into a new tab. That will start a download of 'videoplayback.flv'

That videoplayback.flv is the file YouTube is playing in their player.
That is also as lossless as you will get it off YouTube.

To convert .flv back to something properly usable, you can use something like the Adobe Media Encoder.

Return to posts index

Shawn Bann
on Nov 3, 2011 at 11:03:47 pm

zamzar.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 4, 2011 at 9:15:05 am

"ClipGrab".
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com